Membership is down about 50 members since the spring, most of which would be Student members. Student membership ends on July 1 each year. As the new semester starts about now, that number will increase.
Please encourage your college student contacts to take advantage of our free student membership. There are so many benefits to becoming a member!
- Reflections - the quarterly journal of GCTM
- Access to the members-only sections of the gctm.org website
- Reduced fees for the annual Georgia Mathematics Conference at Rock Eagle
- Reduced registration fees for Summer Academies
- Eligibility for honors and awards
- Eligibility for grant funds
- Regional support and professional development opportunities
- Opportunities to establish supportive collegial relationships
- Student mathematics competitions
Please renew if you are still a student and consider joining if you are moving on to the classroom. Students are the future of Mathematics Education. GCTM and NCTM can offer you untold resources and contacts that will help you infinitely.
There is so much excitement ahead with the NCTM’s National Conference in Atlanta in September and GCTM’s virtual conference in October. Both of these events offer opportunities to enrich us as teachers! Our memberships enhance our professional opportunities and classroom excellence. I feel so fortunate to have experienced many of these conferences and assure you they will have an impact that will last your entire career.
Check on your GCTM memberships now and renew so you can jump right into the opportunities of these next months!
GCTM needs you! We hope that the coming months will see us overcome the difficult past months and find you all healthy and ready to DO Mathematics in a classroom filled with wonderful students!